Saturday, June 15, 2013

De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising

Another sunny Saturday. Went out and got this.

 
Sounds pretty good to me as I listen to it now, (certainly cheery), although there may be some filler. I've got it on CD but have barely listened to it. Interesting how much more closely you listen to things on vinyl. Certainly sounding like a pretty cool album as we wend our way to the end of the first side. Duane Eddy!!! Morricone! After that though my next review listen will be this:
 
 
This was such a big, fresh record when it came out. So day glo, comparable for me to The Stone Roses which came out the same year in terms of the impact it made. This reminds me of pretty much my oldest and one of my very best friends Philip. Just spoke to him as a matter of fact and when I brought it up he said what he really liked about it was that the subject matter was so great in comparison with so much rap and hip hop where frankly it isn't generally. Agreed Clarkey! Kings of the Wild Frontier kicking off side two of KOTWF. That's pretty great and certainly rocking whichever way you look at it. Certainly worth five quid of anyone's money. But it'll be Three Feet High & Rising after this!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment