Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fairport Convention- Liege & Lief

I wasn't born in these isles. I just was brought here by my dearest parents. I was actually born in  Zimbabwe, (Rhodesia at the time), and grew up under the hugest skies imaginable. The kind that make you sure that some kind of god exists (Not making any grand claims here. You'd have to see it for yourself to understand what I mean). Here's Victoria Falls. My parents took us here the day before we left.


But I came here at six and know that at root I'm English. Saying I was British would be a slightly inaccurate PC stab. If I was asked by anyone to go for he most English song I know I'd name this. It describes the sky I live under to me. Of course I'm aware that it's not actually on the album I'm just about to talk about. I certainly don't care. It's just great!

 
This band takes me somewhere but I'm not quite sure where it is. So it's Liege and Leif for the next review. All about England and the English.

No comments:

Post a Comment