Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Songs About Heroin

Allegedly. The drug is not remotely recommended. The songs are. To my best knowledge there is some passing comment at least on the brown in each of them...
 
1. The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
 
 
"Well when you're sitting back in your rose pink Cadillac/Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day/Ah, I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon/And another girl to take my pain away . . ."
 
2. The Only Ones - Another Girl Another Planet
 
 
"You get under my skin. I don't find it irritating.'
 
3. Neil Young - The Needle and the Damage Done
 
 
4. The Stranglers - Golden Brown
 
 
Not about toast. Whatever Breville Toasters think!
 
5. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
 
Sad. but I think that's true.
 
6. Suede - So Young
 
 
Suburban wish fulfilment I suspect at this point.
 
7.  Love - Signed D.C
 
 
For Don Conka. Love's original drummer.
 
8. Elliot Smith - Needle in the Hay
 
R.I.P.
 
9. Lou Reed - Perfect Day
 
Had to be at least one Lou.
 
10. James Brown - King Heroin
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment