Friday, June 27, 2014

2014 World Cup # 15 - Rest Day

 
Day of rest between the group and knockout stages. The best World Cup thus far since? No idea, but it would probably go back at least twenty years. I hope it continues in this vein. It seems to me that the right countries have advanced out of the groups with the possible exception of Ivory Coast for Greece. Certainly the competition won't much miss England, Italy or Spain. I wrote up the former two countries game a couple of weeks ago when the tournament was fresh, soundtracked by The Seekers. I'd like to rephrase that with this now as for me it was one of the most memorable games of the last two weeks though certainly not the best. Here are the two nations at hammer and tongs. This goes out to my dear oldest nephew Andrew, a highly educated fellow who I discovered a couple of days ago has never heard of Peter Sellers. Shocking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment