Friday, October 17, 2014

Songs Heard on the Radio # 11 Wah!

 
No direct link but it's here! In the UK for the past 10 years or so there's been a radio station called BBC 6 Music which was pretty much invented for the likes of me. I can listen in the evening particularly and be pretty sure that I'll hear something that'll make me sit up and I'll probably end up posting what I've heard on here. Last night it was this. From ex-Crucial 3 member Pete Wylie and his band Wah!. B-Side of Seven Minutes to Midnight and it probably outshoots the A-Side with its Garage Punk glee. Like virtually every Wah! song from this period it has the sense that something really bad is about to happen. That bad thing probably already had with the arrival of the Thatcher government.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment