Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Song of the Day # 640 Pink Floyd

'You say the hill's too steep to climb...'

If anything this blog is a journey of discovery for me as much as anything else. The other day, reading up on Ride I chanced upon this, a recommendation by guitarist Andy Bell for a Pink Floyd track, from Meddle, their 1971 album. And it's great. I've found a Floyd song of the Gilmour/Waters era that I can get behind. The snippets of The Kop chanting and singing are also a neat touch and I'm sure endeared the song to John Peel at the time. Not sure I'll be delving much further in search for more Floyd nuggets but I tip my hat to them for this. Here's Bell:

'The song that reminds me of Oxford
‘Fearless’, Pink Floyd: “I associate the Pink Floyd album ‘Meddle’ very much with Oxford, and if I had to pick a song from it, it would be ‘Fearless’. Something about this very easy-going, lazy era of Pink Floyd music is very Oxford.”

No comments:

Post a Comment