Sunday, December 20, 2015

100 Power Pop Songs Countdown # 30-26


30. The Prisoners


'I know the time has come to leave. I've found an open door...'

Retro band from Rochester, Kent and the eighties. Vaguely Paul Weller, blue eyed soul inspired sound.. With glorious Hammond Organ feature. An inspiration at the time for The Charlatans.

29. Blue Ash


'My fortune telling queen...'

This has featured recently as a Song of the Day, but is more than good enough to post twice.

28. Brinsley Schwartz


'I ask myself. Is all hope gone? Is there only hatred and misery?'

The second Costello penned song to feature here. A somewhat unusual sentiment when it was written.

27. Real Kids

 
'Won't you let a city boy hold hands with you...'

Boston seventies band led by former Modern Lover John Felice. A personal favourite of Lou Reed's.

26. Buzzcocks


'I'm in distress. I need a caress. What do I get...?'

One of the truly great English guitar pop bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment