Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What Courtney Did Next!


Courtney Barnett is surely by some, some distance the contemporary artist I post about most on here. This is down to her, her band and her songs and the general freshness she has bought to proceedings over the last couple of years of making and putting out records, touring and becoming a generally recognised public face.

Over the last six months I've convinced myself that her debut album, released last year was a disappointment in comparison with her earlier stuff. But I listened to it just now in its entirity for the first time in a while and I just loved it all over again despite its small, though quite definite flaws which I won't go into here. Nevertheless, it sounded like canned sunshine to me, just what you need when you're barely halfway through January.

And now she has a new song coming out that I can post for you. Called Three Packs a Day, it features on a six song compilation on Milk Records, which Courtney set up herself, that comes out on Valentine's Day. It's really great! Well what do you expect! See Courtney's self-designed cover for the song is above. I should have had more faith!





1 comment: