Sunday, September 18, 2016

Songs About People # 224 Brian Jones


'To any of the countless prolific dreamers of my generation - those of us who were adolescents in the sixties - Brian Jones meant something, and from the moment we made contact with his perfect blond impudence it was weird love at first sight. When I first saw him live with the Rolling Stones it was early 1964, I was twelve, they were only weeks away from being the biggest thing to hit England since the bubonic plague - and oh, I will never forget it. They looked simply out of this world, like a new delinquent aristocracy, and they played music of a stunning arrogance and unbridled potency. And they had Brian Jones, who really appeared like their leader that night, with his china-cat smile of contagious evil assurance. He looked to me like a young man who had everything - charm, beauty, grace, success, infamy - every wondrous virtue this world could hope to offer, and for a long time afterwards his vision epitomized everything I in turn could hope to aspire to.'

Nick Kent, The Dark Stuff



No comments:

Post a Comment